Saturday, November 28, 2009

make your love your life.






I have decided to become an Art
Therapist.

This means my plans are as such:

Take a term off from school and find a job, probably doing hair. Financial aid hasn't come through and I can't register for the upcoming term. My happiness will come from band practice (which is coming along nicely by the way.)

When I return to school, I will have registered mainly in art classes, with the possible exception of a counseling class, taught by a really wonderful lady who also counsels in the Women's Resource Center. She seems to have taken a liking to me, at the very least I feel she genuinely believes in my ability to become an Art Therapist, and I am lucky that she is the teacher of one of the main prerequisite classes I would need to get my associates.

Spend the rest of the year at PCC acquiring my prerequisites. (while building a lovely portfolio of sculpture, ceramics, drawing, painting, photography, etc.) Consider sign language as well.

At the end of the year asse
ss direction of next courses. Decide whether to continue on at PCC, or study abroad at one of the Art Universities.

Transfer after acquisition of associates to Marylhurst University to pursue their program in Art Therapy. (This requires at least a BA, possibly a MA)

I have had
many dreams as a person with ADD, I tend to be a dreamer. This however is the first time I saw a lightbulb go on over my mother's head when I told her about it. She appears to believe it is my calling, and I can go a long way on a little bit of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment